Strength Coach Roundtable #18: Farewell Episode and “Science of Rowing”
This is the final episode of the Strength Coach Roundtable on Rowing Chat, as we launch into a new collaborative project called “Science of Rowing.” In this episode, we’ll tell you about our next project, how we learned to use research in our coaching and training for rowers, and cover “quick hits” on six different rowing research studies we’ve reviewed in our first two issues. Each Science of Rowing issue contains three takeaway-focused reviews of rowing research, video and graphic content to help move the knowledge into practice, and a podcast episode of the three of us digging further into the research and applications. We close with some thanks and a look back on our four years with Rowing Chat.
- Will Ruth, RowingStronger.com, @willruth335
- Blake Gourley, RowingStrength.com, @rowing_strength
- Joe DeLeo, LeoTraining.io, @jdeleo
0:00 — Introductions
- Our new project, “Science of Rowing”
2:40 — How we use research in our coaching, learning, writing
50:42 — A Farewell Toast
- Special thank-you to Rebecca Caroe, as well as episode guests Sara Hendershot-Lombardi (#5), Dr. Karen Calara (#8/10), Tara Morgan (#9), Caitlin McClain (#10), Dr. Fiona Wilson (#14), and Frank Clayton (#17).
Thanks for joining us for this episode and any of the previous 17! Our episode archives will remain available as long as Rowing Chat wants to keep them here. We hope you’ll want to join us on our new project, “Science of Rowing.” Come check us out, download the free Sample Issue, and take advantage of the Rowing Chat listener discount coupon (through 10/1/2020) if you want more!