Lockdown training week 2
Faster Masters Rowing Radio update with tips and ideas of how to stay #RowingFit during lockdown.
Rebecca Caroe and Marlene Royle discuss new additions to the list at Useful Links for Rowers during Covid-19 https://fastermastersrowing.com/useful-links-for-rowers-during-covid-19/
– Android app BoatCoach https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eiref.boatcoach&hl=en
for running virtual ergathon events, or even just trying to do a virtual workout with a friend, you can live stream your workout to Facebook with your Concept2 workout stats overlaid.
A video of Sander giving live streaming a try is here… https://www.facebook.com/rowsandall/videos/863635080740191/
Instructions are here… http://www.boatcoachapp.com/blog/live-streaming-facebook/
– Nonathlon Website https://www.nonathlon.com/
A platform which puts all the rowers “on the same line” it is a free service. Just create a group and add new members. It does not require any maintenance, everybody just enters their own results there and it gives you points based on your gender, age and weight.
Join the virtual ergomarathon event which ends 19th of April.
– PainSled https://apps.apple.com/us/app/painsled/id1069679171 and RowedBiker https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rowedbiker/id1435730481 apps.
Regarding COVID-19, both allow users to work out virtually using existing social fitness games or training platforms like Zwift or Sufferfest.
– Nicola Austin and Ger Sheahan hosting live trainings EVERYDAY 8am NZT starting from Monday 30th March by Zoom.
Make sure you’ve done your mobility and are ready to do the group warm up together.
Also, it works best if you can use ear buds, but is also fine without.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 341 387 934
– UK boat club emoji decipher competition by Thames Tradesmen’s Rowing Club – be sure to read the comments!
– Resources to keep your club going remotely