Spotlight on Gadgets & Gear
Welcome to the spring season of the Ready, Row! USA podcast, as we continue regular broadcasts featuring the best of rowing news, programs, gadgets & gear from clubs, vendors, and rowers across the country.
Ready, Row! USA is part of the international RowingChat network. You can subscribe to receive notifications of upcoming shows, send in news tips, and join our community by visiting the website.
Your host and producer is Charlotte Pierce. Our studio director is Nancy Diessner, and we both row out of Community Rowing in Boston. Today our new correspondent Tara Morgan joins me for a look at our fresh crop of Gadgets & Gear submissions.
NOTE: Please listen for the episode hashtag and a chance to win a Coastal Rowing outing with Tara on Vashon Island!
Please check out our fabulous sponsors! Watch or listen for discount codes or visit Rowing.Chat/sponsors.
- Mind Games by Annie Vernon, sports psychology book
- Rose & Thorne the Active Bra with built-in confidence
- JustStrong athletic gear, especially for women
- OXYHOOD: Altitude training simulator to maximize training effects
- STROKESIDE DESIGNS: Beautiful siver rowing jewelry
- RIGGER JIGGER wrench with lanyard–very popular with folks
- “GET READY NOW” MaxRigging.com founder Mike Davenport’s gear bible
- GLOVES: RowTek’s new offerings and Sculling Gear’s ubiqitous suede gloves
- WETSUIT SOCKS: Great for wet launches and cool clammy climes
- WATERPROOF POGIES: Yes, we need these here in the PNW, especially for people with RA and hand issues
- CHANGE UP YOUR ALARM CLOCK: Tricks for avoiding oversleeping
- TENNIS BALL RIGGING PROTECTOR: Easy and cheap to make, and they’ll save a boatload of damage
- May 29: Preview of Learn-to-Row Day! with Tara Morgan & panelist TBA. Learning to row is fun and all that, but where do you take it from there, as a club or as a rower?
- June 5: Order in the Club! – Club Management Software & Strategies with Kevin Goyena, Tara Morgan, Hydrow Athletes
- June 19: “Catching” a Career – aka making a living at rowing,with Mike Davenport, Mark Wilson, two who do!
- Host/Producer: Charlotte Pierce, Pierce Press
- Correspondent: Mark Wilson, All-American Rowing Camp
- Correspondent: Tara Morgan, Seize the Oar & Vashon Is. Rowing Club
- Executive Producer: Rebecca Caroe, Rowing.Chat
- Studio Director: Nancy Diessner, CRI Sculler and Artist