You’re Included! Rowing in the Pacific NW
Ready, Row! USA #12
Welcome to the spring season of your Ready, Row! USA podcast. Today, we welcome special guest Tara Morgan, founder of the Seize the Oar inclusive rowing organization and a member/coach at Vashon Island Rowing Club, Washington; and our regular correspondent, Mark Wilson of All-American Rowing Camp in DeLand, FL and AccuDock. Your host is Charlotte Pierce of Pierce Press.
Please check out our fabulous sponsors:
- Mind Games by Annie Vernon, sports psychology book
- Rose & Thorne Active Bra
- JustStrong athletic gear, especially for women
WIN A ROWING PRIZE! Listen for the episode hashtag near the end and post it with the YouTube watch link on your social media for a chance to win great rowing gadgets & services. This episode’s prize is lodging, rowing, and coaching on Vashon Island, WA provided by our guest, Tara Morgan!
Nancy Diessner is our technical producer, and I might add, a wonderful artist and sculler at Community Rowing in Boston. Thank you, Nancy!
First, Tara tells us a little about her Seize the Oar organization and why we should be rowing in the magnificent Pacific Northwest. Then Mark brings in a little more West Coast news with our club spotlight on Seattle Scullers, plus some coastal rowing players in the San Francisco area.
(Please note: we had some minor technical difficulties with Tara’s audio, but it quickly improved. Thanks for your tolerance!)
- West Coast, Best Coast – What’s happening out here: Opening Day 2019, She Will Win, Regionals, Rowing Adventure Days, and more
- Integrated racing – para with masters – our year-long experiment and its results
- Recent appearance on Seattle podcast
- Photo Album
- Profile Video
- West Coast Coastal events – San Francisco and area
- Bair Island Rowing Club hitting the coastal circuit.
- Seattle Scullers uses drones for exposure and coaching. See video and Instagram.
to submit your own rowing news
and we’ll broadcast it on the show!
- Host/Producer: Charlotte Pierce, Publisher Pierce Press
- Guest: Tara Morgan, inclusive rowing advocate & coach, Seize the Oar
- Contributor: Ellen Minzner, US Rowing HP Para Rowing Director and Dir. of Inclusion & Advocacy
- Contributor: Mark Wilson. All-American Rowing Camp & AccuDock
- Executive Producer: Rebecca Caroe, Rowing Chat Network
- Technical Director: Nancy Diessner, Sculler & Artist
Ready, Row! USA is part of the international RowingChat network. You can subscribe to receive notifications of upcoming shows, send in news tips, and join our community.