Ready, Row! USA #8 – Springing into Rowing
Ready, Row! USA #8 – Show Notes for April 2, 2019
HIGHLIGHTS: U15 & U17 championships added by US Rowing; erg-logging software; seat-riser hack for max power & flow; San Diego Crew Classic preview; and a couple of worthy benefit regattas this weekend.
Introducing RowTours – the new rowing holiday company headed by Olympian, Pete Wells. Join the RowTours team in a mini-rowing vacation ahead of the World Championships. Choose from a 3, 4 or 6 day rowing tour down the Danube river starting in Passau and ending at Linz in time for the World Rowing Championships. More information and pricing at www.Rowtours.com/rowing-chat.
Will Ruth’s book Rowing Stronger is in its second edition. This hugely popular book written by the host of the Strength Coach Roundtable podcast on the RowingChat network has a special offer just for you. Will has given all our listeners a free download of chapter one of the new book. Get your download from https://rowing.chat/sponsors and click the link.
Welcome to the spring season of the Ready, Row! USA podcast. We’ve been on a break doing conservation work, book research, and rowing advocacy in the amazing country of Nepal, but we’re back to watch the ice slowly recede in the frozen Northern US, while dipping down south for the regattas and camps that continue to sustain us during the winter months.
Ready, Row! USA is are part of the international RowingChat network. You can subscribe to receive notifications of upcoming shows, send in news tips, and join our community by visiting rowing.chat/ready-row-USA.
I am your host and producer, Charlotte Pierce. With me today is correspondent Mark Wilson, the longtime coach who runs the All American Rowing Camp in DeLand, Florida with the legendary Jim Dietz; he also reps for AccuDock, one of the leading floating dock companies.
GADGETS & GEAR
- Adjustable seats. Various companies are now making height adjustable seats. Wintech, Filippi, others may be coming along. Custom height seats allow you to more easily gain full compression and allow for different leg lengths to help with leg drive and keeping body posture on the drive. A sculler and sweep rower should know their seat top to heel bottom number. Can find a comfortable number from the erg. LINK, Sent Photos via email (Mark) can discus)
- ErgBot handy erg-logging software.
- New mid-range adaptive seat for erg and standard rowing shell (Resolute and CRI partnership; other companies getting in on the action).
- New U17 and U15 National Championships added by US Rowing.
- ErgBot erg-logging software photo automatically uploads to logbook. Cool If you dont already link to C2 automatically.
- San Diego Crew Classic: HS, Masters, Adaptive April 6-7. 108 clubs from coast to coast.
- Camden, NJ Steve Neczypor regatta on Saturday and Manny Flick on Sunday on the Schuylkill.
- Plenty of collegiate racing on tap this week!
- Some places the ice is still in place and others there are district regattas this weekend and states next weekend (April 13/14 are the State competitions in Florida and Texas.
- NEXT WEEK: Preview of Perry Sperber’s new rigging tools. Very well designed and ready for the market soon.
CLUB & PROGAM NEWS
CLUB NEWS FORM – send in your club news!
Ready, Row! USA is part of the international RowingChat network. You can subscribe to receive notifications of upcoming shows, send in news tips, and join our community.
- Host/Producer: Charlotte Pierce, PiercePress.com
- Panelist: Mark Wilson, AllAmericanRowingCamp.com
- Contributor: Ellen Minzner, US Para Rowing Coach, CommunityRowing.org
- Executive Producer: Rebecca Caroe, Rowing.Chat