Ready, Row! USA #3: Club Spotlight
Ready, Row! USA #13: Club Spotlight on Minneapolis & WeCanRowDC
Welcome to Club News Spotlight, a new feature of your Ready, Row! USA podcast. Today, we welcome special guests Lauren Crandall who rows on the Mighty Mississippi at the Minneapolis Rowing Club and Nancy Kellner, one of three co-founders of We Can Row DC for breast cancer survivors and a member of Capital and Potomac rowing clubs in the nation’s capital. Thanks to Lauren and Nancy for helping us kick off this new content segment!
Your host is Charlotte Pierce of Pierce Press.
Please check out our fabulous sponsors! Watch or listen for discount codes or visit Rowing.Chat/sponsors.
- Mind Games by Annie Vernon, sports psychology book
- Rose & Thorne Active Bra
- JustStrong athletic gear, especially for women
Lauren Crandall, Minneapolis Rowing Club, blogger @ DearNoviceRower.com
- 142 year-old club located on the Mississippi River just south of Minneapolis.
- 300 members, with award-winning competitive masters, recreational, high school teams
- Learn to Row Programs for middle school & high school students and adults
- Corporate/team building opportunities available.
- Guest rowers welcomed!
Nancy Kellner, We Can Row DC
- Who we are — breast cancer survivors at any stage of recovery; no rowing experience necessary. In our 15th year!
- Where we row — one-of-a-kind program hosted by Capital Rowing Club, Potomac Boat Club and Alexandria Community Rowing, also supported by DC Strokes
- Currently recruiting for this year’s Learn to Row Weekend, Friday evening 5-24 to 5-26 (Memorial Day weekend)
- Where: Capital Rowing Club, Washington DC
- Register on website or Facebook page
WIN A ROWING PRIZE! Listen for the episode hashtag and post it along with the YouTube watch link on your social media for a chance to win great rowing gadgets & services. This episode’s prizes are two items of cool rowing swag (tshirts, buttons, etc.) provided by our guests! The winner will be announced at our next podcast, scheduled for May 15.
to submit your own rowing news and we’ll broadcast it on the show!
- Host/Producer: Charlotte Pierce, Publisher Pierce Press
- Contributor: Ellen Minzner, US Rowing HP Para Rowing Director and Dir. of Inclusion & Advocacy
- Contributor: Mark Wilson. All-American Rowing Camp & AccuDock
- Executive Producer: Rebecca Caroe, Rowing Chat Network
- Technical Director: Nancy Diessner, Sculler & Artist
Ready, Row! USA is distributed by the international Rowing.Chat network. You can subscribe here to receive notifications of upcoming shows, send in news tips, and join our community. =========================================================================