Blending individuals into a crew
3 core drills to combine into a crew | Faster Masters Rowing Radio – the podcast for masters rowers. Tips, advice and discussion from Marlene Royle and Rebecca Caroe.
01:00 This Past Week – what you can learn from elite athletes. Intention and attention.
08:00 Crew lineups – combination that can cooperate.
Good rhythm and flow and energy.
Does it “click?”
Is the recovery matched up?
15:00 What should I adjust?
– Blending into a crew starts with following the stroke. Can you improve your precision?
– Start from the finish position – align this.
Arrive at the finish blade extraction together.
Check blade angles are parallel in a static position check.
– Come out of the water together
– Focus on getting to the recovery perpendicular blades together.
19:00 Use peripheral vision to see the finish of your oars
20:00 Drills for crew alignment.
– Pause drills use arms and body away. Get tot he same position before the knees rise.
– Double Pause drill – count “One one thousand, two one thousand, row”
– Pause at the finish with blades on the water if the balance is poor