Ready, Row! USA #83: Rowing for All?
How do we mobilize as a rowing community to make our sport more accessible to people from a wider range of communities, financial resources, and physical abilities? Our panel discussion focuses on the recent initiatives of three leaders in the field of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in rowing.
- Coach Richard Butler, former ED at 3 Rivers Rowing, former USRowing DEI chief and a member of USR’s freshly minted DEI Committee.
- Tara Morgan & Rachel Freedman of the Steady State Network, and organizers of the upcoming “Inclusive Coaching Toolkit Summit,” a global Zoom event on Oct. 3. Morgan is also founder of Seize the Oar Foundation, which advocates for access and inclusion in rowing.
- Michelle Sosa, Hydrow Athlete & HOCR Gold Cup Fund ambassador.
- Charlotte Pierce, producer/host – Pierce Press
- Castelldefels Stage Esport books camps and tours for rowers in the region of Catalunya near Barcelona, Spain.
- Masters Rowing Magazine, a publication for rowers “of a certain age,” by Marlene Royle & Rebecca Caroe provides four in-depth articles per month, covering technique, performance, lifestyle, and a bonus interview piece.
- Science of Rowing – Visit ScienceofRowing.com/RowingChat for a free sample issue and discount offer from this new publication that delivers on its title.
Ready, Row! USA series text, graphics, audio, and video © by Pierce Press; all rights reserved.