Ready, Row! USA #39: The Scary Stuff with Ryan Worth UT/C
There’s a reason good coaches emphasize safety. In this episode, UTenn/Chattanooga head coach Ryan Worth and our assistant producer, Georgia high school coach Shannon Borum, talk about how to avoid worst case scenarios: wrecked trailers, trashed boats, injured rowers, distracted rowing and launch driving, even deaths on the water. They’ll focus on how to take these horror stories as constructive advice and bring along equipment and strategies that help everyone stay safe to row another day.
Shannon and Ryan also preview the Comprehensive Coaches Track at the upcoming Dec. 5-8 US Rowing Convention.
This episode is dedicated to the life and achievements of Belorussian para rower Dzmitry Ryshkevich.
We are grateful to fabulous SPONSORS who make the podcasts possible (click through for discounts & offers):
- Subscribe for notifications of upcoming shows using the form below, or on our YouTube channel.
- Make it YOUR show! Submit your club news on our CLUB NEWS FORM.
- Share your favorite gadgets, gear & hacks on our GADGETS & GEAR FORM.
- US Rowing SafeSport resources – taking safety seriously.
- All-American Rowing Camp just back from Portugal, and gearing up for winter camps in Florida!
- Pierce Press producer Charlotte Pierce publishes books for innovative education, earth-friendly kids, & sustainable travel
- UTenn/Chattanooga Rowing, home of our senior correspondent, Ryan Worth
- Lookout RC – proud co-sponsors of the Head of the Hooch!